Elevate Your Islamic Private School in 23-24 with
Real Deal Teacher Training
Welcome to Michael Abraham's "Real Deal Teaching" program for private Islamic schools! With over 13 years of teaching experience and expertise in engaging Muslim students, Michael has designed a comprehensive training program to equip staff at private Islamic schools with the skills they need to become exceptional educators. Whether you're looking to enhance the skills of your existing staff or prepare new staff for success, this program is the perfect solution. Learn more about this program and Michael's background below!
Michael Abraham is an accomplished public school teacher and educational consultant with a proven track record of success in improving educational outcomes for students. With over 13 years of teaching experience, Michael has worked with students at the elementary, middle, and high school levels, both in the United States and internationally. Michael has led professional development and school-turnaround initiatives in inner-city schools with Minneapolis Public Schools in Minnesota, where he helped reform a high school on the brink of collapse and improve its climate scores to become the best in the district by implementing the same professional development plan for teachers that he is now offering to you at your Islamic private school! It is our goal to develop in your staff the skills they need to become exceptional educators.
Michael is best known in the field of education for creating a professional development program entitled Engaging Muslim Students in Public Schools, which he has also authored into a book by the same name. This program has helped over 2,000 educators across 15 states and 150 school districts and organizations in the United States, and has been presented at prestigious universities such as Hamline University, Washington University, and Ohio State University. You can see how educators rave about Michael and his training at this link. He has a proven track record of leaving trainees fully satisfied and feeling that what they got was the real deal. He holds a bachelor's degree in Political Science from the University of Minnesota, a Masters degree in Education from Hamline University, as well as teaching licenses in Teaching English as a Second Language and Communication Arts. His passion for education, combined with his extensive experience and knowledge, make him an ideal choice for private Islamic schools seeking to enhance the skills of their staff.
You can also learn more about Michael Abraham and his work in public education by watching his appearance on the YouTube channel Blogging Theology:
Real Deal Teaching Program:
This training program is designed to equip staff at private Islamic schools with effective behavior management and instructional strategies to create a more productive and rigorous learning environment for their students. The program will consist of a 6-hour day of training in August 2023, followed by six subsequent follow-up sessions spaced throughout the school year.
The Real Deal Teaching program is a comprehensive learning continuum in which each part inculcates teacher skills that build upon one another. The program covers a wide range of topics, including effective behavior management, instructional strategies, and communication techniques. These topics are designed to equip staff at private Islamic schools with the skills they need to build relationships with students where both respect is mutual and appreciation of the teacher's authority is maintained, thus positioning staff to be effective mentors for students that can impart Islamic values upon them.
Topics to be covered include:
The training schedule is as follows:
- Summer Day: August 2023 (6 hours)
- Follow-up Session 1: September 2023 (2 hours)
- Follow-up Session 2: October 2023 (2 hours)
- Follow-up Session 3: November 2023 (2 hours)
- Follow-up Session 4: February 2024 (2 hours)
- Follow-up Session 5: March 2024 (2 hours)
- Follow-up Session 6: April 2024 (2 hours)
The program's design ensures that each topic builds upon the previous one, creating a comprehensive toolkit for teachers to effectively manage young people throughout all classroom and school situations. Additionally, the learning involves live practice of strategies as well as viewing raw authentic video of real-life classroom interactions that serve as both examples and non-examples. This allows teachers to see the effectiveness of these strategies play out in real-time and to apply them to their daily work, ensuring that the program has a meaningful impact on the education of their students.
Real Deal Teaching has research-based objectives that are designed to equip staff at private Islamic schools with effective behavior management and instructional strategies:
- · Focus on keeping all students engaged in academics with quality direct instruction that builds skill and knowledge base, maximizes retention, and improves educational outcomes by building a learner foundation and competence necessary for students to exhibit higher-order skills.
- · Develop a comprehensive understanding of breathing, facial expression, body language, and effective communication techniques for redirecting student behavior gaining compliance while maintaining a healthy sense of respect in the student-teacher relationship without compromising the student's sense of teacher authority nor causing stress and burn-out on the part of the teacher.
- · Gain visualization techniques for effective instruction, repetition strategies to enhance learning, and sequencing concepts for effective instruction that maximizes learning according to the most rigorous quantitative research that has been done in the field of education.
- · Learn scaffolding and sequencing techniques to build writing stamina, encouraging student-to-student interaction for deeper learning.
- · Learn how to identify, avoid, and remedy common pitfalls in reading and math instruction that lead to learn insecurity and disengagement.
- · Practice learned strategies and methods, and view raw authentic video of real-life classroom interactions that serve as both examples and non-examples, allowing teachers to see the effectiveness of these strategies play out in real time.
- · Develop a compendium of strategies and methods to effectively manage young people throughout all classroom and school situations, resulting in a more productive and rigorous learning environment.
By participating in the Real Deal Teaching program, staff at private Islamic schools will learn authentic best practices that are based on research, avoiding the pitfalls of failed theory and methodology that have become pervasive in the field of education. By developing these skills, staff at private Islamic schools will be able to create a more productive and rigorous learning environment for their students, improving educational outcomes and setting not only their students up for success, but also the Muslim community to be leaders in quality education in North America in the 21st century.
Why Real Deal Teacher Training?
The Real Deal Teaching program addresses the underlying issues of the education crisis that currently exists in North America. Unfortunately, professionals in education seeking solutions for behavior management and quality academics are often met with suggestions in academia that are saturated with flawed theory, or by private companies looking to profit from making schools into recurring customers. Both academia and private firms have been incentivized to make educators believe that school improvement must be complicated, thus prioritizing a veneer of complexity in their proposed solutions over actual foundational effectiveness.
Teaching young people is a straightforward process, and students thrive when they have a straightforward relationship with their teachers that is built on a day-to-day experience on the part of the student that fosters mutual respect, and a confidence that following the teacher’s leadership will lead them to success.
This is what Abraham Education and the Real Deal Teaching program offer schools. Our program provides teachers with the skills and knowledge to have a classroom presence that creates calm students with a passion for learning. This, in turn, keeps students on track, appropriately compliant, and most importantly, engaged in learning. With the skills taught in the Real Deal Teaching program, schoolwide disciplinary and reward systems become almost unnecessary, as do constant phone calls home to remedy situations. When teachers have the foundational skills and knowledge to keep every student on task and authentically learning, the rest of the school staff is set free to do proactive relationship building and initiatives with students, families, community members, and other stakeholders. Everyone benefits, and these skills are the key to unlocking a school community's full potential in serving themselves, humanity, and Allāh Almighty.
How To Sign Up
- Sign up to have the program exclusively for staff at your school by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with "Real Deal Teaching" in the subject line. Please tell us a little about your school, including the number of students and staff. We will schedule a meeting with you to work out scheduling and logistics, including online versus in-person options.
- Sign up your whole school with a cohort of teachers from other Islamic private schools. This program will be conducted outside of typical school hours and online, with videos made available for missed sessions. Additional in-person or one-to-one consultations can be developed on a needs basis.
- Sign up individual teachers into a cohort. This program will also be conducted outside of regular school hours, and recordings of missed sessions will be made available. However, live attendance will be expected for the best learning experience.
Whichever option you choose, the Real Deal Teaching program offers a comprehensive and effective solution for improving educational outcomes and behavior management in private Islamic schools.
Contact us at email@example.com today to get started!